Range Networks is the world's leading provider of American-made commercial open source cellular systems that is slashing the cost to own and operate networks. Customers include public network operators, first responders and private operators (mining, maritime and oil).
All products use Commercial OpenBTS to present ordinary cellular handsets as SIP endpoints in a VoIP system. All are designed to work as a single-site network or as part of a multi-site network. Through our partnership with SS7Ware, products support roaming and SS7 interconnect. Additionally, Range Networks leads the OpenBTS project, the public release of OpenBTS intended for development and educational purposes.
Core benefits of our solutions include:
- Low cost of ownership - 10% of the cost to own and operate a Range Networks systems as compared to a traditional network.
- Low power consumption - Our systems have low power consumption, some as low as 35W.
- The power to make local calls - With every box, you can make local calls without the need for a backhaul connection.
- Easy, fast upgradeability - All products are database driven and software upgradable, usually within 24 hours.
The Range Networks Product Line
OpenBTS, designed and developed by Range Networks, is the software we use in all of our products. A subset of OpenBTS is released publicly as part of an open source project. In addition, we offer a commercial version with additional features not available in the public version.
- The public release: The open source release is used and contributed to by developers worldwide. It is intended for experimentation, education, and proof-of-concept uses and distributed under AGPLv3 with copyrights assigned to the Free Software Foundation. The Range Networks Development Kit comes with the public version of OpenBTS.
- The commercial release: The commercial release of OpenBTS is installed on all units in our 5150 Series and Snap Network. The C release is equipped with additional features for security, capacity, and scalability.
|Web UI - Network configuration|
|Emergency Call Support|
|Real Time Call Database|
|Temperature Tested 2U enclosure|
|Industrial-grade Intel Atom CPU board|