OpenBTS Development KitModel: 2115-001-0
The OpenBTS Development Kit is intended for educational and development purposes.
It makes it easy to experiment with OpenBTS or to simulate small 2G cellular networks. This kit enables your GSM handset to connect directly with VoIP networks. You can set up a test network and start making calls in less than an hour.
The OpenBTS Development Kit uses the public release of the OpenBTS software, with source code included under AGPLv3. Handsets then appear as SIP endpoints to VoIP networks. The OpenBTS Development Kit is designed for short range laboratory use. No bigger than a small notebook, it can easily sit on any workspace. 1U rack-mounting brackets available upon checkout.
- Makes it easy to start experimenting with OpenBTS
- In less than 5 minutes students can start making calls and send SMS using OpenBTS
- Small enough to fit on any workstation
- Join the open source community and contribute to the code repository
- Designed strictly for non-commercial, experimental use
- A radio designed by Range Networks for the purpose of running OpenBTS
- GSM band of operation is adjustable via software
A Mini-ITX board configured with:
- The latest public release OpenBTS software
- The libraries of software that support OpenBTS
- Asterisk and Ubuntu
- Board includes 8GB mSATA flash drive, and 2GB RAM
- 12V 5 Amp power supply
- Two rubber duck antennas with SMA-type connectors
- Two pre-programmed SIM cards
- Two multi-band cellular phones
|Radio Interface||Phase 2+ GSM|
|Call Capacity||7 concurrent full rate calls|
|Power Supply||12V 5A DC|
|Output Power||100mW. User may be required to obtain a radio transmission license to use this product.|
|Software||OpenBTS (P release), Asterisk, Ubuntu, subscriber registry, and SMS server|
|Network Interface Protocols||Speech: SIP/RTP, GSM-FR codec. SMS: SIP RFC-3428 page-mode|
|Network Interface||Ethernet / IP|
|Management Interfaces||SSH console, CLI|
|Dimensions (Enclosure)||Width = 30.48 cm (12.0”) Depth = 25.4 cm (10.0”) Height = 4.44 cm (1.75”)|
Please contact us.